OPEN COPE AND CLIMBING
The Council COPE / Climbing Committee provide a rotating monthly program for "OPEN" use. On these designated weekends, the COPE Course and Climbing Tower will be manned by trained staff for units to use on a regular basis. On selected weekends, the Occoneechee Climbing Directors will host Rock Climbing at locations around the state. To participate in these open dates, please check the Council Calendar for an available program date and make a reservation.
- A hold harmless agreement form must be completed for each participant, and turned into the program director on arrival.
- The COPE program is an all day program, consisting of a low course in the morning and the high course in the afternoon. You must do the low course in order to do the high course. To do the COPE program all participants must be 13 or older.
- The Climbing tower and rock climbing expeditions provide a full day of learning opportunities and includes required elements for Climbing Merit badge (for Boy Scouts) and Mounteering Ranger Award (Venturing).
- No walkups will be allowed. In the event that the program is over subscribed we reserve the right to place the participants into either a morning session 9 AM to 12 noon or an afternoon session 1 PM to 4 PM.
- Payment is due at registration. There are no refunds.
Climbing age limits are guided by GSS
COPE programs are limited to age 13 and older.